Bosch RA1171 vs RA1181
Comparing the Bosch RA1171 vs Bosch RA1181 can be quite a challenge. They are two pretty good router tables with some similar features. I do not envy anyone who has to choose one. It’s not just a matter of size. If that’s a key element, this decision might be easy for you. One is a cabinet router table, and the other is a table router table. Compare the design, power, durability and speed to see what fits your needs. You may prefer one over the other, depending on your application. We will go into more detail in this post.
The Bosch RA1171 is a Cabinet Style Router Table. It features a tall aluminum fence measuring 4 7/8 x 25 1/8 inches. That makes it ideal for tall stock with ease. The fence system has adjustable MDF face plates for smooth operation with taller work pieces, and an outfeed can be offset for jointing.
The Bosch RA1171 features a rigid aluminum router mounting plate. The plate is always flat, thereby keeping the router precise. It comes pre-drilled to fit a variety of routers, making it a versatile tool. It features two easy-to-use feather boards attached to the fence and router table. That helps maintain guidance and protection against kickbacks;
The feather boards are adjustable to fit more workpieces. Its accessory slot accepts additional feather boards and 3/4 inch optional accessories such as a miter gauge. It features a cabinet-style design and two dust collection ports for removing dust and debris; The dust collection ports fit standard 21/2-inch vacuum horses.
BOSCH RA1171 features a dual outlet switch with 6 feet power cord. The package includes a benchtop table, aluminum router mounting plate, 3x mounting plate rings, mounting hardware, 2x adjustable feather boards, adjustable clear guard, starter pin and guard, and 2x outfeed fence shims.
The Bosch RA1171 has a cabinet-style design for stability and dust collection. It has issues with the leveling mechanism, but this router table is cost-efficient, making it ideal for those on a budget.
- It is more effective in its noise reduction system
- It has two ports for the dust collection system
- Poor leveling mechanism
Bosch RA1181 is a benchtop router table with a large aluminum top for extended work area, durability, and precision. The rigid aluminum mounting plate is pre-drilled, saving you time. The chances of making mistakes during installation are low. The faceplate makes the tool compatible with a range of routers.
Height adjustment makes it user-friendly and less tiring. The Bosch ra1181 has an extra tall aluminum fence. What makes that possible are adjustable faceplates. Feather boards maximize precision and versatility.
It has a standard dust-collection port that fits standard 2-1/2 inch vacuum hoses. You can operate in a debris-free environment, keeping your work area clean. The adjustable feather boards make the tool easy to use. A fence and table add guidance and kickback protection.
It accepts feather boards and 3/4 inch optional accessories such as a mitre gauge. The storage pocket allows the storage of router accessories. That is how organized your tools can be.
The Bosch RA1181 features numerous storage options, making it ideal for users with several accessories or extension cords. It has a non-standard insert size and sometimes an unlevel top, but it remains precise and impressive.
- Firm and sturdy design
- Easy to carry around construction sites
- Accuracy and precision
- Multiple storage options
- It takes more time to install
Features of Bosch RA1171
Its cabinet-style construction is convenient and provides more storage and collects dust. This style is bulkier, but it remains convenient for users needing more storage and dust collection.
Adjustable MDF plates
Although this router table is for beginners, it does not compromise precision and accuracy. It comes with adjustable MDF face plates, making the operation smoother for taller workpieces. It also includes a rigid aluminum router mounting plate which helps the router table attain accurate results.
The table has two feather boards you can attach to the fence and router table for additional guidance and protection against kickback. The router tool is adjustable, hence precise results. Using this router table becomes more convenient and useful for starters.
Features of Bosch RA1181
The router table features an extra tall fence, adjustable MDF faceplates, and feather boards for maximum precision.
The Bosch RA1181 features convenient storage options, including a dust collection port, an accessory slot that accepts ¾-inch accessories, a storage pocket, and a cord wrap storage station. Your tools have space and stay clean from dust, improving your performance.
Bosch RA1181 features a large aluminum top for an extended work area. It is durable and precise. The benchtop gives you more access to your router, increasing the durability and precision of your work. It
What could be better
- A better leveling mechanism would have been better.
- The user instructions could have been clear enough for easy installation.
- A standard insert size would be ideal.
- A level top would perform better.
- Both tools come pre-drilled.
- They have dust ports.
- They are in the same price range.
- Bosch RA1171 has two dust collection parts, whereas the RA1181 has one.
- Bosch RA1181 has a larger working area than the RA1171.
- The Bosch RA1181 has better performance capabilities than the RA1171 since the leveling mechanism is not faulty like in the Bosch RA1171.
- The Bosch RA1181 provides more working space, precision, and accuracy than the RA1171.
- The Bosch RA1171 is a more affordable option than the RA1181. However, the price range is not that different between the two.
- The Bosch RA1181 is the most durable of the two router tables since it has an aluminum tabletop design. The material is much sturdier and more reliable.
- The Bosch RA1181 does not have a standard insert and the cabinet-style design of the RA1171.
The verdict on Bosch ra1181 vs ra1171
In conclusion, the above router tables are almost similar but have some differences that make them unique. They are convenient, stylish, and affordable. The Bosch RA1181 provides a larger working space, making it effective for table routers. When it comes to the most cost-efficient table, then the RA1171 takes the trophy. It is affordable and provides almost the same features as the RA1181. In this case, I guess you have made up your mind.
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Bench Grinders for Your Workshop - September 29, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Best Carving Axe: A Comprehensive Analysis - October 15, 2023
- Mastering Sanding Techniques Using a Drill - October 14, 2023