Deciding between the Dewalt dw713 vs dws713 miter saw can be difficult because the models are similar. But do not worry about it. We have everything for you. This article will review the key differences between the two saws and help you decide which best suits your needs. Whether you are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-maneuver, or one that packs power and speed, we’ll go over the key features of both saws so you can make an informed decision. We’ll also closely examine each saw’s fence system and give you a sense of what to expect regarding accuracy and precision. So if you are faced with a decision between the Dewalt dw713 and the dws713, read on to find out which is the right choice.
Dewalt dw713 features a 15 amp, 5,000 rpm motor, which delivers extended power and durability for the 10-inch miter saw blade. Its tall, sliding fence supports crown molding vertically 4-1/2-inch and easily slides out of the way for bevel cuts. The stainless steel detent plate has 11 positive stops for accuracy and Jobsite durability.
The machined-base fence support maintains the fence perpendicular to the blade for cutting accuracy. The cam miter lock is for quick and accurate miter table positioning. The precision stainless steel detents on the miter adjustments make quick and accurate miter cuts. They give custom angles at any point you need with the fine-tuning angle adjustment. It is easy to move around the job site with the carry handle.
Miter detent override allows adjustment and precise miter angles. The 0-50 degree left and suitable miter capacity is for greater versatility. It bevels three degrees – 48 degrees for increased cut capacity. It is lightweight (35 lbs) and has a built-in carrying handle for increased portability.
The 50-degree miter adjustment range allows for additional angles to be cut over the standard 45 degrees for corner molding and door casings. The 45-degree bevel action can even cut up to 2×6 standard dimensional lumber. That is more flexibility, versatility, and increased performance on any job. It does not matter what you are using the miter saw for. You still get accurate cuts and a tool that lasts a lifetime.
- Powerful engine
- Compact design
- Not affordable
- No work clamp
The 10-inch Compound Miter Saw has a 15 Amp motor that delivers 5,000 rpm for extended power and durability. It features a stainless-steel miter detent plate and turn knob lock that provide accuracy and durability with easy adjustments.
Dewalt DWS713 is a single-bevel, compound miter saw with easy adjustments, making every movement quick and smooth. Its tall sliding fences support 4-1/2-inch crown molding vertically nested. The lightweight design and built-in carry handle allows for great portability. Working with this saw will not take you a lot of time.
The miter plate has 14 preset stops at angles, supporting repetitive cuts and minimizing guesswork and adjustments. This miter saw offers compact dimensions and weighs 56 pounds, allowing you to carry it even with one hand. DWS713 goes with a carry handle, supporting portability.
This DeWalt DWS713 is for those whose job requires constant travel. Its compact dimensions make it ideal for small workshops. DWS713 features an easy-to-read scale on the miter plate, offering excellent accuracy. This visibility supports precise cuts at any single angle.
- Ease of use
- No sliding system
- Not double-beveled
Features of a Dewalt dw713
The precise miter system’s adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate features 11 positive stops for easy setup and improved efficiency. With positive bevel stops at 0 and 45 degrees, this saw makes finding and setting the most common bevel angles a quick and easy process.
An easy-to-adjust cam-lock miter handle delivers quick and accurate miter angles. It features a convenient detent override to adjust the miter setting without the saw slipping into the miter detents. The saw’s big miter capacity is -0 to 50 degrees to the left, and the right adds versatility (Horizonsolutions.com).
The saw can deliver clean, 45-degree bevel cuts through dimensional lumber that measures up to 2 by 6 inches.
This lightweight compound miter saw weighs 35 pounds and features a built-in carry handle. The handle helps you move it around the job site and lift it comfortably when it comes time to stow the saw.
Miter saw the laser system.
For additional accuracy and ease of use, this saw is compatible with the DW7187 adjustable miter saw laser system to ensure the cutting path is clear to see. However, it is sold separately.
Features of the dws713
Power and speed
It has a 15 amp motor, providing more power in every cut. You can easily make a clean cut and leave a fine finish. It runs at a speed of up to 5,000 rpm. You can make quicker and sharper cuts thanks to this quality. The saw’s power and speed allow you to handle multiple tasks, even dealing with the hardest wood.
There are preset stops for quick adjustments, meaning you can stop at any angle with simple movements. The locking knob is strong, maintaining stability for straight cuts.
The base is 100% metal, except for the blade guard and handles.
The innovative sliding system is for smoother and larger cuts. However, a novice may not be familiar with this design, leading to inaccuracy.
What could have been better
- It could have had affordable options for beginners.
- Work clamps could have made the process easier.
- This saw can only handle small materials, making it difficult to deal with complex work. It is not functional enough for daily jobs. The cutting capacity could have been better.
- The built-in dust bag could have been better. There is more dust on the table than in the bag. However, you can solve this problem by installing a vacuum via a universal adapter.
- DW713 and DWS are equipped with a single-bevel compound blade and thick detent plate.
- Both DWS713 and DW713 can provide powerful cuts.
- Both devices have a 10 inches blade.
Differences between Dewalt dw713 and Dewalt dws713
- The Dewalt DWS713 has 14 positive stops, whereas the dw713 has 11.
- Dewalt DWS713 has a more compact size than Dewalt dw713.
- In terms of power, the DWS713 is slightly weaker than the Dewalt dw713.
- Dewalt DWS713 is more affordable than Dewalt DW713.
- Dewalt DWS713 can cut precisely at more angles than Dewalt DW713.
- Dewalt DWS713 is heavier and bulkier than dw713.
- DW713 can cut thicker and bigger wood boards than dws713.
- Dewalt DWS713 has more accessories than the dw713.
- Dewalt DWS713 is more innovative than Dewalt dw713.
- The Dewalt DWS 713 has an additional vertical clamp that the dw713 does not have.
The Dewalt DWS713 is an ideal choice for new users due to its affordable price and precision. Dewalt DW713 is ideal for those who demand a powerful miter saw with versatility. You may have your top pick now that matches your needs.
- Unveiling the Power of Muriatic Acid: Properties, Uses, and Precautions - September 18, 2023
- Can You Use Teak Oil on Any Wood - September 20, 2023
- The Versatile Role of Lacquer Thinner: A Deep Dive into Its Uses and Applications - September 19, 2023