If you want to make hollow shapes like spoons, bowls, or other relief carvings, the Morakniv 133005 Carving Knife might be ideal.
It’s no secret that a straight blade does not help with such cravings, so a hook knife like this is necessary. The Morakniv 133005 Carving Knife has a narrow radius stainless steel blade ground on three sides. It is an ideal carving tool because it has an ergonomically designed handle that makes it easier for the hand and wrist to handle. The handle is made of birch wood and oiled to provide the necessary grip while working.
The handle is flat across the top, helping it fit perfectly into most hands. The blade is easy to sharpen as other knife models, but it seems to lose its sharpness compared to other blades quickly. However, if you know how to sharpen it, that should not be a problem.
- It is made from stainless steel
- It is easy to use and easy to handle
- It is easy to sharpen and easy to maintain
- It is resistant to some corrosive elements
- The handles have an ergonomic design making it easy to use
- It is excellent for relief and hollow carvings
- It is not as affordable as other knives
- Has a hard time remaining sharp after slight use
Being made from stainless steel adds points to this knife. The stainless steel allows it to resist some corrosive elements, meaning that it will not rust when you splash some water.
However, unlike carbon steel, stainless steel is prone to oxidation and rusting, so with this knife, you can expect to find some rust spots after some use.
The handles are made from birch wood which is quite durable and can handle some tough handling. However, like all woods, it is prone to burning, so one must not leave the knife close to open fire.
Also, the handle is designed to make it easier for a regular person to make sure that their wrists and hands are comfortable and can move around.
One sad thing about this knife is that it doesn’t come as a cheap one. It’s not that expensive, but it is slightly above the average point on the price scale. However, to some, it is worth every cent to its name.
The Morakniv 133005 Carving Knife is great, and it ticks all the boxes for hook knives. It is very much ideal for carving and hollowing out. The handles give it a comfortable feel for the hand and the wrist, designed to last long. The only problem is the relatively high price, but other than that, it is a great knife. You should also see our Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife Review & Mora 106 Knife Review.
- The Pros and Cons of Using Mineral Spirits on Wood - March 9, 2023
- The Wonders of Using Beeswax on Wood: A Comprehensive Guide - March 8, 2023
- How to Choose the Right Wood for Your Project - March 7, 2023
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.