The Morakniv Wood Splitting Knife 220 with Carbon Steel Blade is a great wood-splitting knife for those looking for one. It features a Triflex carbon steel blade that has excellent sharpness and makes it easy to work at any angle.
Morakniv 220 wood splitting knife is perfect for making kindling. It has a 10.6 cm splitting blade with birch wood handles that are lightly oiled to prevent drying and cracking. These handles provide excellent grip and control when splitting. Morakniv 220 is efficient and splits most types of wood, including hardwoods such as plywood and other hardwoods.
Going deeper in detail upon looking at it you can tell that it features dual oil birch wood handles and a carbon steel blade. All in all, it is a promising blade that is sure to get the job done. Carbon steel is harder than stainless steel, allowing it to hold a sharper and more durably acute edge.
- Is made from carbon steel which is harder than regular stainless steel
- Is stronger and more durable
- The carbon steel allows it to be sharper for a longer time
- Comes with durable handles that are easy to work with
- Can easily split even hardwoods
- Is not as affordable as other splitting blades
Morakniv Wood Splitting Knife 220 Measurements
- Blade Thickness: 0.10″ (2.5 mm)
- Blade Length: 4.5″ (114 mm)
- Total Length: 14.5″ (368 mm)
- Weight: 5.4 oz. (154g)
Being made from Carbon steel certainly gives this blade or rather the whole knife some extra points. Carbon steel is tougher, harder, and more durable than regular stainless steel. It is more resistant to corrosive elements and will not break easily. Besides that, the best part is that this knife can easily work through even the hardest woods that some knives cannot work through.
The handles are birch wood and they come slightly oiled to help prevent them from breaking and cracking. Already they are stronger than most wooden handles. Even though they might not be the easiest handles to work with it is no secret that they will definitely last longer than other handles.
When it comes to price we can cleanly say that this Morakniv Wood Splitting 220 Knife with Carbon Steel Blade comes at a reasonable price. It may not be the cheapest out there, but from what it is made of and what it can do for you, I believe it is safe to say that it is definitely worth every cent to its name.
Now the final question remains. Is it really worth it? In my opinion, I would say that the knife is definitely worth it. From the durability to the features, it can definitely make a big difference in one’s tool cabinet. In short, I would recommend this knife to anyone who needs a log splitter.
- Dewalt dw713 vs dws713 | Are These Miter Saws Similar Enough? - November 24, 2022
- Mirka 2.5 vs 5 - November 14, 2022
- Power Tools for Woodworking: The Ultimate Guide - November 23, 2022