Shopfox W1867 1.5 HP Portable Cyclone Dust Collector
Shopfox W1867 1.5 HP Portable Cyclone Dust Collector has to be one of the strongest and most durable dust collectors known to man. It has been designed in such a way that it will effectively and efficiently serve you and meet your every need for many years.
It comes with ruggedly built parts and a control program that ensures that it’s usage is safe and reliable. You could never go wrong with this Shopfox W1867 1.5 HP Portable Cyclone Dust Collector so don’t waste any time and get yours as soon as possible.
You will find that this Shopfox W1867 1.5 HP Portable Cyclone Dust Collector provides the efficiency of a 2-stage cyclone system with the portability of a single-stage dust collector. Call it unique because it is.
It even features high surface area pleated filters with paddles to mechanically knock off dust cake, remotely controlled magnetic switches, easy lid lifting levers for emptying collection drums, and a compact design for moving around the shop. Making it more than perfect for dust collection in even large shops. Buy this dust collector and be ready to see a big change in your workspace.
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V, 3450 RPM, 15A
- Intake hole size: 6″
- Impeller: 12-3/4″ cast aluminum
- Collection drum size: 20 gallons
- Air suction capacity: 868 CFM
- Static pressure: 9.7″
- Approx. shipping weight: 375 lbs.
868 CFM, Two-Stage
The W1867 Cyclone Dust Collector provides the efficiency of a 2-stage cyclone system with the portability of a single-stage dust collector. Features include high surface area pleated filters with paddles to mechanically knock off dust cake, remote-controlled magnetic switches, easy lid lifting levers for emptying collection drums, and a compact design for moving around the shop. Three models are available to suit most dust collection needs.
Power and Portability
This Cyclone Dust collector provides the efficiency of a 2-stage cyclone system with the portability of a smaller single-stage system. The Cyclone system allows for larger wood chips to fall and be caught in the drum, while finer wood particles are circulated into the filter.
Cyclone Dust Collectors
A cyclone dust collector is one of the machines that you must invest in if you want to work comfortably in your woodworking shop. You will inevitably generate dust when working with wood in your shop and cyclone dust collectors will make sure that dust doesn’t become a nuisance for the entire time you will be spending in your shop.
How it works
Cyclone dust collectors are often referred to as two-stage dust collectors because, unlike traditional dust collectors, cyclones have two collection points for dust and debris.
The primary collection point is for the heavier chips and debris, while the second collection point is for finer particulate matter. Cyclone dust collectors utilize centrifugal force as the primary means of particle separation.
The airflow transitions into a downward spiral or centrifugal vortex as soon as it enters into a cyclone dust collector. This action forces the larger particles from the airstream into the first collection point, while the finer particles move with the airflow onto the second stage filter element. The particles that are captured by the filter are then collected in a secondary collection point.
- Power supply, maybe a motor or batteries. They are used to provide the power needed to run the dust collector. To give the energy required for the centrifugal action. The motors have different ratings depending on the size of the dust collector.
- Inlets and outlets, to bring dusty air in and clean air out.
- Dust collectors/ separators, the dusty air gets to this chamber where the action of gravity lowers the speed of the debris resulting in them being left at the base of the collector. A greater wall-hugging force is produced to keep the smaller particles further away from the center of the separator.
- Vacuum chamber, a chamber located at the top just before the outlet to enable the incoming fresh air to fill up the vacuum and later get out clean.
- Castors are fitted in small, compact designed dust collectors to enhance the portability of the dust collector. This suits the mobile workers.
When emptying a collection bag from a standard dust collector, a huge cloud of dust emerges from the collection bag as soon as it is removed. Since the cyclone’s primary collection point only contains heavier chips and debris, emptying the primary collection bag is a lot cleaner and safer.
Since the cyclonic method significantly diminishes the amount of particles contacting the filter element, the frequency of cleaning and/or replacing an expensive filter is drastically reduced.
Have very high air suction power to maximize the amount of air cleaned efficiently
They are made using highly durable material to ensure that they last longer and give you a fresh air working environment
Some dust collectors cyclones are designed to capture even the most little particles in the air. The collection chamber/separator has a monitoring window plus it is very easy to empty dirt accumulated. For the portable dust collectors, they have castors meant for easy mobility
Some dust collectors do not have enough suction power to effectively clean the air. Hence you will find that the air may still be impure but just at a lower rate.
The noise produced by the collector is much and might interfere with the concentration of the users. Unlike other dust collectors, cyclones make a lot of noise
Some dust collectors are not easy to install and assemble, they require extra costs for you to hire professional installers.
Most cyclone dust collectors available today for the woodworking market will remove dust particles 2 microns or larger, so you’ll find that at any point there is still a certain amount of very fine airborne particles being released into the shop environment.
Therefore, to ensure a healthy shop environment, we recommend an ambient air cleaner be utilized in conjunction with any cyclone or standard dust collector. Enjoy your shopping and be sure to keep the air you breathe clean. Avoid impure air and save your lungs.
- Walnut Hollow Creative Versa with Variable Temperature Control & 11 Changeable Tips - October 26, 2020
- Beavercraft DK1S Drawknife with Oak Handle in Leather Sheath - October 24, 2020
- Old Timer 24OT Splinter Carvin’ 6in Traditional Folding - October 23, 2020