Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife
Coming to you straight from Sweden is this Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife which is an ideal knife for carving and whittling with skill and precision. For both beginners and professionals, this knife works just fine as the end result will still be the same. It comes with a control and safety feature on the 3-inch blade.
The blade itself is stainless meaning you will have a smooth surface to work with. For beginners the safety feature is a great addition but so is the sophisticated balance that even experienced woodworkers will appreciate.
The Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife features a thin, stainless steel blade made of top grade Swedish 12C27 steel. This means that it has properties including excellent edge performance, exceptional corrosion resistance, and razor sharpness.
The plastic handle is ergonomically designed making it rather comfortable in the hand. Plus the balancing feature it comes with definitely adds in a touch of ease to the blade.
- Comes with a control and safety feature for beginners
- The blade is razor-sharp
- The knife comes with a sophisticated balance that makes it easier to handle
- It comes with some corrosive resistance
- Is designed for both beginners and professionals
- The plastic handle is prone to melting if induced with heat
- It is a co-balance knife which may not hold many features for professionals
- Total length 7.6 inches (192 mm)
- Blade length 3 inches (80 mm)
- Blade thickness 0.08 inches (2.0 mm)
- Weight 2.8 oz. (80 g).
Coming from Sweden, we already know that this knife is made from Top grade Swedish 12C27 stainless steel. Now the great thing about this knife is that it features an excellent edge performance, razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional corrosion resistance. Which is what almost every wood carving knife needs.
It comes with a plastic sheath which is quite okay seeing as the wood ones are more prone to fire. However, plastic easily melts and can even break and crack at times depending on how it is handled when in use. Otherwise, all in all, the blade is stainless steel and comes with corrosive resistance which means you won’t see any chipping on the knife.
The price tag on this knife is quite okay. As it is a co-balanced knife for both beginners and experienced woodcarver it won’t have a high price to it. The pricing is a good start for a plastic sheathed knife as that might lead us to question the durability it holds.
All in all, this is a great knife. Without question it’s a knife that would make a great addition for any woodcarver. The plastic handles and the balance in the knife definitely making it worth having. So if you are a beginner in wood carving, or you’re a professional looking for something to add to their collection, this knife here could be a great start. I would recommend it
- Beavercraft DK1S Drawknife with Oak Handle in Leather Sheath - October 24, 2020
- Old Timer 24OT Splinter Carvin’ 6in Traditional Folding - October 23, 2020
- Xacto X5175 Deluxe Woodcarving Set - October 20, 2020