This Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife is straight from Sweden, an ideal knife for carving and whittling with skill and precision. It comes with a control and safety feature on the 3-inch blade. This knife works fine for both beginners and professionals. As a result, it will still be the same.
The blade is stainless, which means you have a smooth surface to work with. The safety feature is a great addition for beginners. It has a sophisticated balance that even experienced woodworkers will appreciate. The Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife has a thin, stainless blade made of high-quality Swedish 12C27 steel. The blade has excellent edge retention, is exceptionally corrosion resistant, and is razor sharp.
The plastic handle is ergonomically designed, making it relatively comfortable to handle. Plus, the balancing feature it comes with definitely adds a touch of ease to the blade.
- Comes with a control and safety feature for beginners
- The blade is razor-sharp
- The knife comes with a sophisticated balance that makes it easier to handle
- It comes with some corrosive resistance
- It is designed for both beginners and professionals
- The plastic handle is prone to melting if induced by heat
- It is a co-balance knife which may not hold many features for professionals
- Total length 7.6 inches (192 mm)
- Blade length 3 inches (80 mm)
- Blade thickness 0.08 inches (2.0 mm)
- Weight 2.8 oz. (80 g).
Coming from Sweden, we already know that this knife is made from Top grade Swedish 12C27 stainless steel. The great thing about this knife is that it features an excellent edge performance, razor sharpness, high hardness, and exceptional corrosion resistance, which is what almost every wood carving knife needs.
It comes with a plastic sheath which is quite okay, seeing as the wood ones are more prone to fire. However, plastic easily melts and can even break and crack at times, depending on its use. Otherwise, all in all, the blade is stainless steel and comes with corrosive resistance, which means you won’t see any chipping on the knife.
The price tag on this knife is quite okay. It is a co-balanced knife for both beginners and experienced woodcarvers, and it won’t have a high price. The pricing is a good start for a plastic-sheathed knife, as that might lead us to question the durability it holds.
Our Verdict of the Morakniv Basic Wood Carving Knife
All in all, this is a great knife. Without question, it’s a knife that would make an excellent addition to any woodcarver. The plastic handles and the balance in the blade make it worth having. So if you are a beginner in wood carving or a professional looking for something to add to your collection, this knife here could be a great start. I would recommend it. You may also want to see our Morakniv 133005 Carving Knife Review & Mora 106 Knife Review.
- How to Choose the Right Wood for Your Project - March 7, 2023
- Best angle grinder for wood carving - March 6, 2023
- Best wood for a farmhouse table - March 5, 2023
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.