Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164
If you are looking for something that will guarantee you a premium experience in woodcarving then this Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164 might just be what you need. It has a tight curve which is why it is a hook knife.
For someone who enjoys relief craving this should definitely be on the list of tools to have. The Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164 comes with an ergonomic wooden handle which won’t bother your hands or wrists and won’t risk blistering your hands at all.
It is a Swedish-made knife that features a blade made from stainless steel. It has a wider angle on its blade than the other models which aids in making it easier to use hence resulting in faster carvings.
The single-edge left-handed blade has a 0.5-inch (13 mm) radius and is suitable for pull cuts using one hand and push cuts using the other. Coming with a lifetime warranty I think it would be a great idea to get a closer look at this knife and see if it matches with woodcarving standards.
- It comes with a stainless steel blade
- Is a very lightweight knife
- Comes with an ergonomically designed handle for easy use
- Has a wide-angle blade for precision
- Is suitable for pull cuts and push cuts
- Is not as affordable as other blades
- Blade length is 2.2 inches (55 mm)
- Blade thickness is 0.08 inches (2 mm)
- Overall length is 6.7 inches (170 mm)
- Weight without sheath is 2 ounces (57 g)
- Weight with sheath is 4 ounces (117 g)
When it comes to durability this Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164 is not something we can question. Being made from stainless steel this knife is as strong and as durable as they come. It may not be oiled or laminated making it quite prone to oxidation but other than that, it is a great knife that will last one a while.
The handle is made from oiled birch wood and has an ergonomic design. Though wood is not resistant to fire. This knife’s handle is quite strong and may be able to resist burning up for a while. Otherwise, besides the obvious, the knife is pretty much head-on and headstrong and will last for some time.
When it comes to the price tag on this knife, it may not be the easiest price tag to accept but it’s definitely not the hardest. This knife though not as affordable as the other knives are stronger and better than the other knives
In conclusion, all I can say is that the Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 164 is a great addition to any woodcarver out there. Looking at its blade, the handle, and everything that it has to offer this is definitely a knife worth adding to one’s collection. I highly recommend it even though it may seem a bit pricey.
- Walnut Hollow 42099 Tool - October 27, 2020
- Walnut Hollow Creative Versa with Variable Temperature Control & 11 Changeable Tips - October 26, 2020
- Beavercraft DK1S Drawknife with Oak Handle in Leather Sheath - October 24, 2020